Written by Dr Sandra Miranda, ND
The good news is that there are many natural treatments to treat your adrenal glands. The bad news is that adrenals recover very slowly so it is important to be consistent with your approach. Even though taking Wise Adrenal Support can accelerate your recovery from stress, it is equally as important to make proper lifestyle and dietary changes that will help balance your cortisol levels.
One of the most important tips that help is to start your day with a good nutritious breakfast within 1 hour of waking up. This breakfast should give you a minimum of 15-20 grams of protein. This healthy habit can help avoid that very common crash that happens either at noon or by mid-afternoon.
For example, you can have a morning protein shake. Here is one of my favorite recipes:
- 8 oz of water
- 1 ½ cup of strawberries (can be frozen)
- 4 oz of low fat plain yogurt or a minimum of 12 g of a protein powder
- 2 tbsp. of ground flax seeds
- 1 tsp of Ashwagandha powder (you can find this in any health food store)
- Handful of spinach (optional)- but it is extremely helpful to alkalinize your system.